INTRODUCING: New Orleans Sticker Keyboard App
CITYKEY New Orleans - You Talk Like a Local, Now Text Like One Too
Locally Illustrated Sticker Pack For New Orleans
You talk like a local, now chat like one too!
Meet The Team
Thank you all for the amazing support of CityKey since our release on Thursday night. We’re really excited about how much people love it and we can’t wait to do even more.
Along with all the love, we’ve received some concerns and requests. So let’s clear some things up:
- Stickers: Our app only provides image stickers for you to share like you would your own photos. They aren’t Emoji , which are special characters directly included as part of your mobile device. Apple does not give custom keyboards the ability to mimic the “inline text” feature of Emoji at this time.
- Other Apps: Many of you have eagerly tried to use our keyboard in other apps. Unfortunately not all apps support image input. Instead, they require images to be uploaded separately. The main Facebook app works this ways. We’re investigating the best ways to support apps like this in the future. In the meantime, CityKey works great in the latest versions of Facebook’s Messenger app.
- Security: Many users have expressed security concerns about our apps requirement for “Allow Full Access”. We need this for a few reasons.
- The first is so we can access the copy-and-paste functionality of your phone to make the keyboard work. The second is so our keyboard can communicate with the main CityKey app. That will give us the ability to provide you with many new features soon to come.
- Finally, when you enable “Allow Full Access” you are only activating it within CityKey keyboard. Our keyboard does not provide letters or numbers and is not connected to your main keyboard. That means we can’t read when you type your credit card number, passwords or other personal information because you never enter them within our keyboard.
- Apple takes security seriously with iOS and only provides specific types of access between apps and keyboards. We share the same concern for your security and privacy. We are not able to collect, or even interested in collecting, your personal information.
- Android: We hear the Android users loud and clear. We didn’t forget you. Android development was started before the iOS version was even released. It should ready soon and will let you all know as soon as possible.
Thanks again for all the love of our new app. There is so much about our wonderful city yet to include and we can’t wait to share it with you.
— The City Key Team